Two weeks out

Two weeks today and I will be on 90 mile beach. My pack is packed. Feels a bit heavy but I don't want to find I am in the wop wops and I desperately need something. I hope I have everything. Food for 4 to 5:days. First aid to treat blisters, sunscreen, electrolytes. Sleeping bag, sleeping mat, tent, cooker, wet weather gear, a change of knickers and socks, battery pack, phone, Garmin. 
I have done a few pack walks but not enough. Life tends to get in the way. Will miss Alexis and Bree my grand daughters and baby who is due in December and Chris who will be holding the fort at home. It will be an epic adventure, just have to hope my body and mind holds up. My mindset will change as keeping healthy, not getting lost, having enough food, somewhere safe to sleep, keeping my phone and Garmin charged and just putting one foot in front of the other. Enough if the doubts, my next blogger will be from the trail. Te Araroa am I ready for you 

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5

Day 6.