kings birthday 2003 and 2004

Last Kings birthday I walked from Invercargill at Stead street to Bluff for some TA training. I didn't take any photos. It was a bit of a miserable day so I just road walked to Bluff and missed out the Bluff hill section. I was a tad tired and foot sore after 26 km most of it on the shared cycle way. Chris and I had travelled in convoy and left the Suzuki at Stirling point then Chris dropped me at the Stead street wharf. The walk along the estuary was lovely but when I got to the sewerage ponds I got a bit off track and ended walking along the road till Kekeno place where the track runs parallel to the highway. Really appreciated all the toots. This year I decided to do the bit I left put. Parked the Suzuki by the Bluff sign. The walk was through farmland towards the coast.The wind was horrendous and it was really cold. The track was well marked although a bit muddy. At the monument for those who died in a plane crash it joins the millennium track and heads up to Bluff hill. Saw a few other walkers and lots of cyclists at the top where there is a road. The track then passes some gun emplacements then goes downhill through bush. Good to be out of the wind. I met up with Carman towards the end of the track and she took a few photos for me. She also kindly took me back to my car so that saved several km of road walking. My plan is to complete Southland TA this summer and to section walk the south island.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5

Two weeks out

Day 6.